Saturday, February 20, 2016

Through the Lensbaby, February: 5 Minutes With Kid

The magical days of my willing little modeling boy l are a thing of the past. I rarely ask him to pose for me any more, but today he gave me a few moments of free time. Actually I think he was a teensy bit jealous that I had the camera aimed at his sister!

These are all made with the Sweet 50 optic, one of my favorites for portraits. Next up in the circle, the maker of magic, my friend Anna of Alchemy of Art. Enjoy, and thank you for looking!








7 comments :

  1. Oh Victoria, you've definitely captured the many faces and personalities of this little character :) My favs - that second one with those gorgeous eyes, the third for the cute kiddie teeth :), the fifth with its wonderfully introspective look, and the last, such beautiful boyhood and color. So many great images...betting your Momma's heart is holding onto them dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. There are rewards in losing the posing stage, tho. I've been daily journaling with candid family life images in digital and polaroid. No begging involved!

      Delete
  2. I had to nod my head in agreement, my boys are less and less interested in letting me shoot them as well!! You did a beautiful job with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celeste. Roderick is my baby. I've been bracing myself for this moment for the past couple years, but the transition has been okay. I've been journaling our every day life in photos, and even though a large portion of shots are far from my ideal, I love the no-stress freedom and authenticity.

      Delete
  3. Yes me too, I get less than 5 min at my house. :) These are awesome and I love love the light. That last one is magical. Just beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I made these at night and had to create the light: icelight main, gridded, gelled speedlight as a kicker.

      Delete

©Victoria Hederer Bell. Please do not use images without permission.